Terms & Conditions
- We regret but we do not take children under 10 years of age.
- There is a 2-night minimum stay requirement on a Friday and Saturday night throughout the year and on all days during peak season (July – October).
- We cannot offer single occupancy rates during July and August.
- May we remind you that Dunkery Beacon Country House is a completely Non-Smoking establishment and failure to comply with this will incur cleaning and extra room night charges whilst the room is out of service.
- Although we do accept well-behaved dogs in certain rooms for an extra charge, please take time to read our Policy in relation to pets, a copy of which will also be forwarded to you prior to your arrival.
- As Dunkery Beacon Country House holds an alcohol license, only alcohol purchased here may be consumed on the premises.
- Due to PAT Regulations, we cannot accept any guests’ portable appliances such as Mini Fridges and Electrical Heaters in any of the bedrooms, with the exception of Laptops and Phone chargers (we have fridge space available in the main kitchen for anyone wishing to store small items of food/medicine).
- WiFi is available in most bedrooms and the guest lounge and dining room. We cannot always guarantee connection where technical problems may occur outside of our control.
- Please view our access statement here
Reservations & Cancellations
- Your reservation is made with John and Jane Bradley trading as Dunkery Beacon Country House and represents a legally binding contract between us.
- We require a valid credit/debit card to secure the booking (please note we do not accept Amex). A minimum of 14 days’ notice of cancellation or amendment of any reservation is required to avoid a charge of 50% of your total stay. Different terms apply to large group/exclusive use bookings which will be advised prior to booking.
- We reserve the right to pre-authorize a credit/debit card for the first night’s stay for all bookings taken through 3rd party agents such us Booking.com, Expedia & Late Rooms.
- Cancellation within 5 days of the booking arrival date will be charged in full. We will however make every endeavour to re-let the room and if successful will refund 100% of your payment providing the room is re-let to the full value of the cancelled booking. If the room can only be re-let to a proportion of the full value, then we will refund your payment up to the proportional value. In the event of a non- arrival, the booking will be charged in full with no refund. Different cancellation terms apply to large group/exclusive use bookings which will be advised prior to booking.
We would strongly advise you to arrange holiday insurance to cover for any eventuality.
- We regret that in the event of an early departure there can be no credit for room nights or meals not taken during your stay.
- By entering into this contract you are authorising us to make the above charges as detailed above to the card without any additional consent being required.
- If the property becomes unavailable or unsuitable for occupancy for reasons beyond our reasonable control (e.g. fire, flood or other significant damage or failure of utilities to the property, actions of third parties etc), we reserve the right to cancel the booking and refund to you any sums already paid, but we shall have no other liability to you. We are covered by our own appropriate insurance but cannot accept liability for losses or injuries due to factors beyond our reasonable control. We, therefore, strongly advise you to take out your own holiday insurance cover.
Deposits and Payments:
- A non-refundable deposit of the equivalent of one night’s stay is required to secure the booking. If the booking is for one night only, we will require 50% payment as deposit at the time of booking. If the booking is 3 or more nights in duration, we will require the equivalent of one third of the total cost of the booking. Payment can be made by credit/debit card over the telephone. The room reservation cannot be guaranteed until deposit payment is received.
- VAT is charged at the current rate.
Arrival and Departure:
- Check in is between 4pm – 6.30pm on the day of your arrival (earlier/later by arrangement only). It would be helpful if you could please let us know your approximate time of arrival. We would kindly ask that you vacate your room by 10.30am.
Thank you for your co-operation