It’s that time of year again when Wimbledon is in full swing and British strawberries are perfect for eating. We’re using them here in the restaurant and we thought you’d appreciate some strawberry facts to help celebrate the season:
- The word strawberry is from the Old English ‘streowberie’ or ‘streawbelige’
- Just eight strawberries have more vitamin C in them than an orange, that’s 140% of our daily recommended amount
- Around 27,000 kilos of strawberries are consumed during Wimbledon
- Strawberries have their seeds on the outside of their fruits
- A 100g serving contains just 30 calories and, as long as you don’t have the cream, nearly no fat.
So next time you fancy some of these rosy fruits why not pop in for a meal with us and sample one of John’s delightful desserts – we can’t promise they are all just 30 calories though!